Instead of one full-time job, the modern-day journalist is likely to work at a combination of activities, some that pay (hopefully at least one that pays well), others that are done for free.
In this extract from Masterclass 12: How to Build Your Own Job at www.multimedia-journalism.co.uk, pioneering multimedia journalist Adam Westbrook talks about what goes into his portfolio.
Adam's portfolio looks like this:
- Teaching video journalism at Kingston University
- Video journalist for agencies and sites online sites such as VJ Movement
- Print journalism for clients including The Big Issue
- Selling information products, including e-books
- Running the UK Future of News Group